We’re back with another Top 10 List from Raising Kids for True Greatness. If you’ve missed our previous Top 10 posts be sure to go back and read Top 10 Ways to be a Great Classmate, Top 10 Ways to be a Great Neighbor and the Top 10 Ways to Help your Kids Get the Most out of Organized Sports.
Without further ado…
The Top 10 List for this week…
Top 10 Ways to Be a Great Member of the Family
1. Everybody helps everybody…always, in whatever ways are needed.
2. Be upbeat, positive, and encouraging.
3. Remember, “please” and “thank you” are not just good manners; they’re the calling cards of a grateful heart.
4. Have a lot of fun, just not at the expense of anyone else.
5. Each week, do your best to eat as many meals as possible together as a family. You’ll cut the chance of your kids using tobacco and drugs in half and double the changes they’ll bring home A’s on their report cards!!
6. Respect one another’s space and stuff. Ask, and it most likely will be given to you.
7. Guard family traditions, and do your best to celebrate all birthdays, holidays, and major milestones.
8. Guard the morals and integrity of everyone around you. Be sensitive about how you communicate, what you view, and whom you bring into the family circle.
9. Be quick to rally around a family member who is down, whether it’s a result of sickness, injury, failure, rejection, or discouragement.
10. Assume that the Lord Jesus is an ex officio participant in every detail of your family. Make sure He always feels at home and comfortable with what’s going on.
You can find this Top 10 List and a number of other great lists in Raising Kids for True Greatness(available in our online store).